Monday, March 05, 2007


MORE ABOUT KIMBERLY & "THE TRUTH BEHIND SWEETGYRL"
As a broken young women, seeking the acceptance of my peers, and always feeling left out and abandoned, and alone. It was predicted that I would not amount to anything or be anything, but somehow I always felt that there was something more or bigger coming out of life for me. I was made fun of, hated on, fought, kicked out, betrayed and abandoned many times, however I knew that I was not the only person that felt that way nor was I the only girl going through what I was going through, I knew there was hope for me even tho my circumstances stated that there was none.

The part of me that is a dreamer, I was once broken, emotionally, and it’s the part of me that wants to see young women step up their game in life and stop settling for less than wat I wanted.

Kimberly Bowles, Founder and CEO

Kimberly Bowles is the original SweetGyrl! Drawing from her own life story and experience as a teenager fighting to survive in a home environment of continuing emotional abuse, the founding of SweetGyrl is the culmination of Kimberly’s personal road to self-development.
As an experienced professional speaker, trainer, entertainer, entrepreneur, and clinical therapist, she is truly a role model who can speak to the emotional, cultural, and societal roadblocks that exist for young urban women today.

At eighteen Kimberly left home to escape years of emotional torment and rejection at the hands of her own family. At times homeless and in shelters, she struggled alone to raise her little son Samuel. Thus began a long process of exploration, education, and purposeful self-development. In time she rose above what she was taught about herself at home in order to find her own way – and make a new life - by continuing her education, working hard, finding the right mentors, and exposing herself to all types of new experiences and opportunities. She learned to value herself apart from the environment that produced her, eventually growing to self love, achievement, and personal fulfillment. A success story in her own right, her vision is to provide the same development opportunities she made for herself to young women everywhere who need support and direction on their own roads to personal success.

As an experienced educator and facilitator, Kimberly has trained many individuals and groups in traditional classroom, individual, and therapeutic settings. She has developed and taught programs for traditional and non-traditional counseling and intervention, various components for employment success and career development, diversity awareness, parenting, and for the professional development of Case Managers and other educators and trainers. She is a Clinician with a Masters in Education from Cambridge College of Massachusetts and earned two undergraduate degrees from Charter Oak State College of Connecticut. She is also a professionally trained actress and entertainer with credits on stage and screen that include Annie, The Fan, and HBO’s The Wire. Kimberly and her family live in Maryland.